Decisions backed by deceitful mocks



There was once a land
Far and wide
Towards the sunset
The land of plaited horrors
Beasts lay their bellies
Upon the earth surface
World treasures; their occupation

Thick and grey in the sky made it rain
I had to go to school
To teach a lesson which I didn’t resent
Teasing me
I was renounced mad yet sane

That was the evening
Coarse drops had fallen
I was at school; road was muddy
The sun sunk
The light dissolved
It rained; who would stop?

Thash thash thash
We ran away homing
Shoes off and approaching the church
Truly not a sleeping place
Next to the church; a cattle camp
Not sheltered
Dung causes sliding

We nagged the cattle camp and the church
Thunder boomed
Almost deafening
As if I was behind a witch
Lightning cut through the young dark
Clothes heavier and watery

Home was drawing closer
Non-stop was the run
The body instead of cold was ironically warm
My heart seemed happier
Black and white across my sight
Seedlings were knee-heighten
Cows mooed in the byre
Home was vacated like battle field

Madly I stormed into the hut
And went back to creation of man
Soon; dry clothes were on
I got into the byre which had fire
I weaved hands over fire
Hands back onto my chest to warm it
I thought milking the cows with my hands cold

Chiiu chiiu chiiu
And a torch light
A word accompanied
Not forlorn I realized
My hands over fire
Hands back to my chest
Shivering was by gone but a cold laughter

Dripping still outside
A foolish in-walk
Was a plan to destroy me?
I was needed for interview by unknown figure
Reasons were guessed interview
I didn’t understand
But I had applied and would go for interview

A question after question
But I didn’t get perfect answers
This fake message touched my heart pulses
Mocker’s words
Confusedly told deceitful death
Of my beloved mom
I got irritated

Continuous disturbance at supper
A lost key with black rope
Either to signify life lost or life found
More mingled up I became
I couldn’t derive the happening
The key was later found

Till dawn; my eyes not sleepy
I pondered over it: who is this found in my family?
I knew my dad died old and I witnessed his death
He possibly could not return
A brother who died
I thought he could have come; might have been injured only
I hoped having a brother till then

The following morning
My body was heavier in that light
People gathered in the hut
Sick…ill are you?
I knew not what to say
Asking what they had never been asking before when I was sick

A day came and passed away
I was down
Eagerly waiting for powerful explanations
I perceived laughter and disdain
Jumpy I was
Lunacy glued to their tongues

I hardly ate
I drank milk until making it away
Liars are always foes
I was neglected to totality
I pocketed three pounds only
Heading town-wards

I loathed conversation to its utmost
Maltreatment drained my brain
I didn’t bet revile in them
Scoff at and snigger seeking explanation
My brain drained and drained less

I initiated to go study
Confinement kept me a door
Waiting for perpetuity
Tough politics and tricks of tricksters
I felt old for those clap-traps

To meddle round or home
I thought fretfully
I was already in town
No vehicle could leave that town by then
I ordered chapati with meat in that eatery I entered
The cost was my wealth of three pounds
Nothing was left for Everest to quench thirst

This was my first meal in a week
Milk was a stand-in
I surely was weedy and sought energy
I was fragile to virtually fall on my rise
I rested to finish meal and regain energy

I had no sleeping place
No bedding moreover
A playmate walked in sooner than later
We exchanged affable hands
Asking the happening
My look surrendered my secrets of tribulations

I was in gracious shoes
I had not only Everest to quench thirst but also Soda
We quenched
The question hanged
I had no craving to illuminate my tribulations

I had to proceed that night
I could not forty wink anywhere in that town
See; the guy swayed me to not walk that night
Someone would do away with my syrupy life; I thought
Must have been a off-keep from my attention

I put up in that same hotel
On a bumpy mat
I fathomed no heaven for me
I was somewhat okay
I revisited their hands that morning

Eventually I abandoned them
I had to find my Aunt
She expected me
I had no appetite
I swallowed five spoons and retired

Noise rose vibrantly
We ran out there and watched
Aunt cried; my nephew will be killed
I developed bitter throat
Flashed mingled up

Soldiers sang
Are those soldiers? Asked I
Wrestlers: she said…get into the house
I didn’t see wrestlers nonetheless
I flashed this and went for that till entering newly erected byre

Ingestion I repudiated too
I lay head differing fire
I slept alone that evening
I snubbed being guarded because I was sane
The night was well; I slept well and comfortable

My feet faced fire
My head distanced
I dreamt while night grew mature
An old woman snubbed getting into grave
She was pushed in forcibly finally

Black blocks passed across my sight
White blocks accompanied
I was awake and the scene advanced
A voice sang
Darkness has disappeared and light has come with peace

I didn’t know the song but those few lines from the chorus
I recovered better there
My aunt had brought some food then
She had treated milk with cow’s urinates
I disagreed while she forced me to drink and eat
Since then; I regained appetite as before

On the third morning
I could evacuate
I had managed swallow roasted maize grains
Not feeble; I was a giant
I revisited the town before it rained

We stepped onto the road
Scarce traffic but we had to veer sideways
A fair gentleman came persuading me to ride one of his vehicles
I was walking with my niece
I could not implement his plans

Soldiers spoke in their lorry
Come please come; we have suffered cattle raids
Just addressed to the road; did I discern who I was to them?
Rain drops fell upon me
We didn’t give up walking till we reached the town

The town was crowded and busy
School children gathered grass bundles
At the booking office; a policeman stood with a cane
Not meant for me either
We booked; travelling to the state’s capital

Before the departure
My clothes were unwashed
My elder sister promised to wash them for me
At the barrack; she was not qualified to do washing
I was still in devilish hands
I slept in their hands

That was my departure that evening by bus
Covering three hours; we took a break
A break for lunch and urination
The vehicle took off afterwards
I felt princely not from any royalty


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Eight: Betrayed For Love