Strong faith and asking for single area of needs in prayers



Last Sunday, was my first church service I attended in Kapsoya Eldoret.
Besides Sunday school choir which danced affirming their faith and university graduates, a boy told his story of luck.

“I was a boy who even if this congregation were put down as fish, I could spear them dead all,” John confided. “I couldn’t do without fish for two days lest I could be sick.”

His family wanted him to come to Kakuma for studies. He was rigid that there will be no time the Nile and its tributaries will dry to render him dead.

Finally, education was an obligation. He later departed spending two weeks on his way to Kampala, Uganda. He covered part of the journey footing. 

“I was sick seriously and my sickness was fish.” He explained.

On reaching Kampala, they once went to a hotel to eat.
Luckily, his eyes landed on the menu to view fish. In doubts, he was assured that there was fresh fish.
He ordered immediately but only fish.
After consumption, he held bones and prayed.

“God, am going to Kakuma, which has no water and fish lives in water.  How will I get fresh fish and the dry one will still sicken me. Stop fish sickness if you don’t want me dead,” he concluded.
“I dropped the bone and returned home,” said John as the congregation inspected. “Since then that sickness stopped.”

John briefed the congregation to be asking, one thing and one area of need from God and He will assist like He did to him.

“God lives around us,” he concluded. “And ready to assist.”

John said he will go back to Sudan now that he has completed his education and decide whether to ask God for the fish or Job.

Diplomats and degree holders are targeting going back to Sudan.
This church in spite of perversion of some leaders undertakes services.  A reverend warned ladies that they should be keen in handling the people of God.

“They can’t be misled that way,” said Gabriel.

This church undertakes service in the afternoon in the Anglican Church in Kapsoya.
They pay for the service with their monthly collection and gifts by visitors monthly.
Strong faith and asking for a single thing and single area of need are helpful in prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Eight: Betrayed For Love